The purpose of the dress code is to create an orderly, God-honoring environment throughout our school. Staff and students are expected to demonstrate neatness, cleanliness, and modesty at all times. Students not only represent CCS when they are in uniform, they also represent Christ. Our dress code will be strictly enforced at all times on school property and whenever students are attending school functions.
30340 Old Dixie Hwy
Homestead, FL 33030
Our uniform consists of the following...
- Pique knit polo in red, white, or navy blue with logo
- Pants, capris, shorts, or skorts (for elementary girls) in khaki or navy blue with logo
- Full-zip hoodie jackets in red or navy blue with logo
Belts must be worn at all times when on the property and must be a solid color. Pre-kindergarten students are not required to wear belts.
Tattoos, both permanent and temporary (including sleeves) are prohibited as CCS.
During cool or inclement weather, students are permitted to wear outer coats to and from school. These garments are not to be worn in the classrooms or inside the school buildings. They must be left on the elementary coat pegs or in lockers. The full-zip hoodie jackets with the school logo may be worn inside the classrooms and school buildings (without the hood over the head).
Physical Education uniforms for grades 6 - 12 must be purchased in the school store, or directly from our uniform vendor. Shorts must come to at least mid-thigh for both boys and girls.
In regards to hair, the following applies...
- must be neatly trimmed (above the eyebrows and ears, off the back of the ears, and off the collar) and well-groomed at all times; hair checks will be conducted at the beginning of every month
- no designs are to be cut into the hair
- hair may not be artificially colored
- the administration reserves the right to deem a hair style unacceptable
- boys must be clean shaven on their entire face daily
- must be neatly groomed in traditional styles
- no designs are to be cut into the hair
- hair may not be artificially colored, including highlights
- make-up is permissible, but should not be a distraction
- the administration reserves the right to deem makeup or a hair style unacceptable
- both boys and girls may wear one bracelet
- any students who requires a medical identification bracelet may wear one in addition to any other bracelet
- boys may not wear earrings
- girls may wear 2 pairs of earrings in ear only
- both boys and girls may wear one necklace, but it must be worn inside the school uniform and cannot be visible
- both boys and girls may wear one ring on each hand
- both boys and girls may wear one watch
All students, including non-athlete spectators, must maintain our dress code at all athletic events. Whether on our field or on a guest field or court, students may not wear tank tops, shirts that expose their midriff, tight-fitting clothing, or shorts that go above mid-thigh. Messages on clothing should adhere to the Christian standards of the school.
Whenever on campus for any reason (returning to campus after school, attending Movie on the Lawn or Harvest Festival, etc., participating in a Saturday car wash, etc.), students must adhere to the letter and spirit of the CCS dress code. Again, students may not wear tank tops, shirts that expose their midriff, tight-fitting clothing, or shorts that go above mid-thigh. Messages on clothing should adhere to the Christian standards of the school.
On Jeans and Christian T-shirt days, students must wear blue or black denim jeans (not jean shorts or capris) with no holes/tears in them and that fit with due modesty (no skinny jeans or tapered fits). Patriotic shirts are also permitted on such days.
When visiting our campus or a sponsored event as an alumni, previous students should adhere to both the spirit and letter of the CCS dress code.
Any student not in full compliance with our dress code policy will be denied access to class until they are appropriately dressed for the school day. Should a student demonstrate a pattern of disregard for any CCS policy, the appropriate disciplinary action will occur, including an administrative conference.
Note: The Administration of South Dade Baptist Church and Colonial Christian School reserve the right to make a final determination on the appropriateness of a student’s attire.